HIGH QUALITY ASPHALT PAVING IN DFW
Asphalt is 100% recyclable, making it the first choice for the health of the environment. Recycled asphalt also reaches a higher-quality of the product since recycled asphalt mix is stronger every time it’s reused. Generally, asphalt lasts between 15 to 20 years, making it popular for surfaces from asphalt driveways to through-ways. The lifespan can even be extended with regular maintenance performed by experienced professionals—such as our paving contractors at Reliable Paving.
Asphalt paving also reduces noise pollution provoked by vehicles on the road. The contact between the wheels and the paving is smoother, absorbing and muffling noise generally heard on other surfaces. Moreover, asphalt is also cost-efficient compared with most other paving surfaces. The main component of asphalt is crude oil, which is easily manipulated, making it cheaper to produce.
Asphalt even packs benefits for better water management on your property. As a porous surface, asphalt allows water to pass through. This further helps with skid resistance. Even the black color helps melt ice and snow, making your pavement safer for cars and pedestrians.
Here are the popular varieties of asphalt, each primarily dedicated to a specific purpose:
- Porous Asphalt is an environmentally-friendly paving solution. Using it for your next project could even offer your business tax benefits. Porous refers to the tiny holes in the material that provide a natural way to manage storm water. The water passes through to the ground beneath. This is an excellent product used by the best paving contractors on surfaces like local roads, parking lots and trails.
- Cold Mixed Asphalt is commonly used as a patching material, and generally on lesser-traveled service roads. It’s a form of cold mix asphalt produced by dissolving the binder in kerosene (or another lighter fraction of petroleum) before mixing it with the aggregate.
- Hot Mixed Asphalt (HMA) is the popular name given to asphalt mixtures that are heated and poured at temperatures between 300 and 350° Fahrenheit. It’s the most-commonly used type of asphalt, and is often used on higher-traveled roadways, interstates and highways.
- Warm Mixed Asphalt (WMA) is manufactured between 200 and 250° Fahrenheit. Its cost is lower than HMA, but it requires more binding materials to help with pouring and spreading it at a lower temperature. It’s most commonly used to pave roads, highways, interstates, cart paths, driveways and walking paths. It’s better for the environment and worker health, too, since it’s poured at a lower temperature and releases less dust, smoke and fumes.
- Coarse Graded Asphalt is typically used as a binder or base to give support for fine-graded dense mixes that are used for surface like parking lots, roads and driveways.
No matter the asphalt paving project, our team of experts has the skill and high standards to carry it out flawlessly. You can browse through our past projects below or let us know if you have questions.